Clinical Implementation of Personalized Medicine. Speakers and panelists will illustrate how physicians are incorporating genetic data into the treatment of various diseases and will discuss what the challenges are in bringing more genetically-guided therapy into the clinic.
Biomarkers & Genomics. Speakers and panelists will provide case studies exploring how diagnostics companies/developers of biomarkers and labs are working with drug developers to bring to market new companion diagnostics and targeted therapies to ensure greater efficacy and thus better patient outcomes.
Genomic Data: Infrastructure, Interpretation & Outcomes. Next generation, exome, and whole genome sequencing are accelerating the creation of even more data whose use is critical to the growth of personalized medicine. Speakers and panelists will explore clinical, ethical, technological and business strategy issues related to data collection, sharing and use in the context of the growth needs for personalized medicine.
New Stakeholders & Changing Relationships. Speakers and panelists will discuss the challenges that still exist in terms of reimbursement of molecular diagnostics and lab-developed tests which help guide personalized healthcare. Insurers and reimbursement experts will present their viewpoints and analysis of emerging policies regarding personalized medicine.
Speakers and panelists will answer the following key questions:
- Is personalized medicine changing clinical practice?
- Can personalized medicine improve clinical outcomes?
- How is comparative effectiveness and evidence research furthering the field of personalized medicine?
- Will insurers fund the genomic revolution?
- What types of validation requirements are payors looking for?
- What are the newest developments in payors' criteria for reimbursement?
- What are the real-world challenges to successful adoption of molecular/companion diagnostics?
- How is whole genome sequencing being integrated into clinical practice?
- How is genomic information being stored, utilized and safeguarded in the era of personalized medicine?
- How are companies navigating their way through the world's regulatory bodies?
- What types of efforts are being made to influence adoption via physician education?
- PRESENTATIONS from Physicians, Researchers, Reimbursement Experts, Payers and Leaders from the Molecular Diagnostics, Biopharmaceutical and Genome Interpretation Industries
- Extended Q&A SESSIONS with Speakers
- PANEL DISCUSSIONS covering a variety of topics of interest to stakeholders in personalized medicine
- Numerous NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES aided by Arrowhead's pre-conference online networking suite
You will have multiple chances to network and meet with others in the field of personalized medicine during the conference. There will be an online networking tool available before the conference even begins!
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet other attendees through the following networking services:
- Our Conference Networking Site is online weeks prior to the event. Attendees can schedule one-on-one meetings prior to the conference and print out a schedule of meeting times during the conference.
- One-to-one partnering meetings. Attendees can set up meetings during the event in order to form business relationships and find potential partners.
- Extended Networking Breaks. These will give attendees the chance to meet those with whom they many not have set up meetings.
- Evening Reception. This will give attendees the chance to mingle with other professionals after a day full of speakers, meetings, and thought-provoking topics.
- Speaker Q&A Sessions. This will afford attendees the opportunity to ask additional questions of our speakers.
- Pharmaceutical Company Leaders
- Diagnostic Company Leaders
- Genome Interpretation Experts
- Genome Sequencing Pioneers
- Biotech Leaders
- Healthcare Providers
- Government Leaders
- Health Insurance Executives
- Venture Capitalists